Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Don't Tell the Kids

It's best if you don't mention this if you should talk to my kids, but there was an encounter today in our backyard, involving my strong and brave (and studly) spade-bearing husband, and.... something else. My husband won the encounter, and let's just say that I should be a little more relaxed now as I recline in my birthday chair. (Really, I do get work done around here. But sometimes it's just nice to sit for a few minutes, you know). I think that's all I'm going to say on that subject for now, but like I said, please don't mention it to our kids. Although they are fairly comfortable with the whole "circle of life" business, we'll just leave out this part for now.

I just finished my delicious smoothie, after a nice evening run, then a soak in the hot tub and a shower. I can practically hear the bed calling my name! But first I'll tell you about my yummy smoothie, which has become a several-times-a-week fixture at our house. My favorite combination starts with some fresh and frozen fruit. There are always fresh strawberries, and sometimes fresh raspberries, and then I add more frozen berries, including blackberries, and then the best part, frozen mangoes. I blend that up with some cranberry or raspberry juice, a little milk, and then add yogurt. I'll often toss in some flax seed and wheat germ, too. Any other fruit can be tossed in as well. Pineapple and peaches are great, but they have to be fresh, not canned. Anyway, that's my recipe for a perfect smoothie!

Adios!

1 comment:

Coco said...

Yayyyyyyy Stef!!! You do have a knight in shining armor, or at least a knight with shining armor!:)